China visa requirements

How to apply for China Tourist Visa by AVI International


Applying for your Tourist Visa for China. Where to apply? Which documents should you bring? Travelers wishing to go to China (excluding Hong Kong) must carry a Visa. Here is the key information that will help you get your Tourist Visa for China.

Where to apply for a Visa for China:

In Lyon, Strasbourg and Saint-Denis, applications must be submitted to the Chinese consulates. In Paris and Marseille, consular services don't deliver visas anymore; you will have to go through the "Chinese Visa Service Center."


117, avenue des Champs Elysées, 75008 Paris.

Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 15:30.



165 Avenue du Prado, 13008 Marseille.

Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 15:00.



26, rue Louis Blanc, 69006 Lyon.

Monday to Friday from 9:30 to 12:00.

Contact: (from 15:00 to 17:00)


4 rue Eugène Carrière, 67000 Strasbourg.

On Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:00 to 12:00.


Saint-Denis (Reunion):

50 rue du Général de Gaulle, Saint-Denis (Reunion).

On Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9.30 to 12:00.


Which documents should you bring? :

  • -The application form.
  • -A plane ticket round trip (or a letter explaining the absence of the ticket).
  • -An "invitation letter". This can be provided by an individual. In this case you must attach a copy of the identity document, specify the phone number, name, sex and date of birth of the host, as well as your schedule (date of departure and arrival, places visited, etc.).
  • In fact, the letter of invitation is not required. You only need to show your hotel reservation for a part of your stay. Many travelers cancel their reservation after printing the hotel voucher.
  • -An insurance certificate: after your subscription online, AVI International will send the requested insurance certificate, whether you choose our long-term Marco Polo travel insurance (travel more than 2 months long) or our Routard insurance (short-term travel ). It is also possible to visit our AVI International office near the "Chinese visa service center" in Paris to obtain such documents on the spot,
  • -A certificate of employment (pay slips), resources or study in France, depending on the situation.

Travel insurance for entering China's territory:

Some Chinese hospitals have set up units specifically adapted for foreigners.

The waiting time is much shorter but prices are much higher there. Sometimes, the hospital offers to make contact your insurance company directly to help you avoid advance payments. This is not always the case and often, you will have to pay for your doctor's visit in advance.

A simple disease can quickly deteriorate and become costly. It is therefore strongly advised to buy good travel insurance for your stay. The travel insurance Routard and Marco Polo from AVI International have proven their efficiency for many years and are very popular among travelers.

The AVI Travel Insurance Team